The Hand-Dyed Quilt

The second quilt I worked on over Labor Day weekend was this art quilt.  If it looks like there was no pattern, you’re right.

Whle I was gathering supplies to work on the first quilt top of the weekend, I found this quilt top. It is made from various fabrics that I hand dyed as part of an art class. This was going to be the final product for the class, but I didn’t get it finished on time. I expected this to happen, so I audited the class.

It was mostly finished, but needed a border. I had the fabric for the border, but it was in a lot of little strips. I needed to take my stack of 2″ wide purple strips, and assemble them into one very long strip. Fortunately, I had enough to make the complete border. Eventually, I’ll put together enough purple to make the binding as well. This one is now fully assembled, and pin basted onto a plain black backing.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: